Sunday, September 18, 2011

Mumble-Jumble Post

Hi!

It's real late, and I didn't want to have to write something new but I wanted to post something, so here's part of an update I sent Bren that's all over the place. Sorry if it doesn't make sense but if it does, well, yay!


How is it being a month in? In our group our happy faces are starting to wear off and we're seeing the real sides of each other which is mostly good, but it can get tense sometimes. We had an awesome vespers tonight though where we all agreed that we're in this together and we need to start acting more respectful and loving towards each other than we have been. I mean it's been great but sometimes some people get on your nerves and it's harder to love them and easier to ignore them. I'm definitely guilty of this.

So real life starts to settle in but it's great. Alisha says that when people cry you see the real side of them. She said that when I was crying, because when I have emotions, I cry. Let's be real. And I was tired and hungry and frustrated at people and life, so I cried, and she said this beautiful piece of life philosophy and it made my runny nose seem a lot more deep and intellectual. 

We had vespers in this church that used to love the Nazis and worked their ideas into Christianity. In the church there's friezes of men with SS helmets and WWII nazi soldiers at the right hand of Jesus. The whole idea is that Christianity is a religion for men of strength who do not bow to anyone. There is the small hiccup in which Jesus happened to be a Jew, so they placed more emphasis on Martin Luther because he was a German who overcame the superpower to create a bigger, more influential movement... sound familiar? Crazy. We held Vespers here, where swastikas have been chipped off the walls, but worship is not affected by place but is in "spirit and in truth". We got real, especially the guys which is awesome, and God is really, really good even though we mess up like crap.

Then we had group dinner, and I LOVE group dinner because we totally take over a restaurant and hang out with everybody and I wore my contacts so I felt pretty and it was DELICIOUS WE HAD PIZZA at this candle-lit place under a metro track so it rumbled above every 10 minutes! It was called the 12 Apostles on Friedrichstraat.  

I love you! Tomorrow is a day of cabaret and class. wish. us. luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment