Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Like a bird

Today I fly!

It's the leaving part of this that I've been dreading, and now, here I am, leaving. Mom, Dad, and Bren walked me into the airport and after some lunch they said goodbye to me outside security. It was emotional for all of us, which is new for the Lanphear family, but after many hugs and some sniffing and eye-wiping we were ok. :)

I have recieved so many encouragements from all of you, and I just want to say I love you all so much! One of you sent me psalm 84, which is beautiful, and as I fly so far away all by myself, I'm reminded of  verses 3-5:


Even the sparrow has found a home, 
 and the swallow a nest for herself, 
where she may have her young— 
a place near your altar, 
   LORD Almighty, my King and my God. 
Blessed are those who dwell in your house; 
   they are ever praising you.
 Blessed are those whose strength is in you, 
whose hearts are set on pilgrimage.


Today I am a sparrow with a nest, a home on my "pilgrimage", and I'm ready!


Walking into Concourse A they have 10,000 paper cranes flying along the windows! I thought they were beautiful! 


They're calling zone 2, I'm zone 3! Wish me luck, I love you all!

I think I might go to London today, what do you think?!

3 comments:

  1. I think you should go to London today too! And I think you should find your friends, and go to the hotel, and find a coffee shop and let your folks know you're alive every once in awhile. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE know you will have a wonderful experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kenzie! Love the verses you posted! Enjoy your adventure with our God you precious girl! You are so precious to Him!

    ReplyDelete